Glow from within with this versatile, nutrient-packed Green Goddess Spinach Pesto packed-full of vitamins, antioxidants and macronutrients
Hello my beautiful friends! Today I’m sharing with you a super simple yet super healthy recipe for Green Goddess Spinach Pesto to glow from within. This creamy, tasty, inexpensive and versatile pesto can be made in under 5 minutes and goes well with just about everything: pasta, of course, but also rice, zoodles, potatoes, soups, not to mention it’s absolutely perfect in sandwiches for picnic season!
Every time I see fresh spinach at the supermarket, I make sure to buy at least one big bag. Fresh spinach is delicious both raw and cooked, but the tender baby leaves make it especially easy to eat uncooked, and to add to green smoothies, salads, sandwiches, etc. But this time I wanted to try something different….
This Green Goddess Spinach Pesto is packed-full of vitamins, antioxidants and macronutrients – it takes its green vibrant color from baby spinach and fresh basil leaves, its creamy texture from avocados, and an added punch from freshly squeezed lemons. This is a nutritious power-house, but its yummy taste is reason enough to eat it (and lick the spoon, too).
The ingredients couldn’t be any simpler: baby spinach, fresh basil, garlic (optional), almond flakes, lemon juice, pepper, and avocados. Place all the ingredients in a food processor, let the machine work it’s magic until the desired consistency and there you go, a tasty and nutrient-packed pesto is ready!
But why is this Green Goddess Spinach Pesto supposed to make me glow from within, you ask?
- ❥ Fresh spinach leaves contain Vitamin A, B, C, E and vitamin K as well as vital minerals that help promote a healthy, glowy complexion
- ❥ Fresh basil is a great source of vitamin K which is essential for cell growth, as vitamin A, manganese and magnesium.
- ❥ Avocados contain antioxidants, poly- and monounsaturated fatty acids, which protect your skin against the damage of free radicals
- ❥ Almonds contain high amounts of Vitamin E & protein that foster healthy skin and boost hair & nail growth
- ❥ Freshly squeezed lemon is rich in vitamin C and potassium and can help balance the pH levels of your body
This recipe will change the way you look at fresh spinach, too many times people tell me they don’t know what to do with it, well here you go! Get out your food processor and in under 5 minutes you’ll have something as delicious as it is healthy. Ready? Go!
If you (want to) give this Green Goddess Spinach Pesto recipe a try, please let me know in the comments’ section below!
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @francesca_sevenroses on Instagram or @sevenrosesblog on Twitter and Facebook, and use #sevenroses so I’m sure to see it. I love when you guys share with me!
Also, make sure to pin this and share the love ♥