Despite the fact we have smoothies quite often at home, it’s been a while since I last posted a smoothie recipe.
We usually have simple post-workout smoothies, when coming back home from a trail running session, but sometimes it’s nice to get fancy and make something that looks as good as it tastes.
Springtime is the perfect time to try new smoothie recipes, like this Welcome Spring Smoothie because everybody feels like waking up after months of lethargy. Time to get out more, eat more fruits, perhaps try a new routine.
If you feel like you need to detox and want to squeeze in as many super foods as you can in one easy-to-make smoothie that also looks pretty in your mason jars, you can’t go wrong with this Ruby red antioxidant smoothie! The deep hue is given by ingredients such as beet, rhubarb, frozen berries and turmeric. The sweetness comes along in the form of banana, orange and carrot. Super foods like flax seeds, chia seeds and turmeric turn this pretty smoothie into a powerhouse packed with nutrients that will boost your metabolism and your protein intake.
What more to ask?
Ruby red antioxidant smoothie
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed I grind mine directly in the blender
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 oranges peeled and deseeded
- 2 bananas with lots of brown spots!
- 2 carrots peeled if non-organic, and roughly chooped
- 4 stalks rhubarb chopped
- 1 beet sliced
- 1 lemon the juice
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 200 ml water
- 200 ml plant-based milk
- 1 pinch turmeric
- Add the flax and chia seeds to your blender, grind them finely without overheating.
- If you don't have a super-powerful blender (I don't!) juice the rhubarb in a juicer first. Then add all the roughly chopped fruits and vegetables and the liquids to your blender, and blend on high until smooth!
- Serve immediately with additional chia seeds on top, decorate with a few flowers.... just because :-)
Did you enjoy this post? I would love for you to pin it! Thank you! ♥
Also, do let me know in the comments which is your favorite smoothie combination :)