This extra yummy white bean and garlic dip is packed with lean vegan protein from the beans, and loaded with fresh garlic to keep those arteries a-flowin’.
Hello my beautiful friends! Today I’ve got what I think is a pretty darn good dip recipe for you, my darlings…
After tasting a white bean soup at a restaurant a while back, I got it into my head that white beans, garlic and lemon would make a killer flavour combo for a dip. So I spent a Sunday afternoon making this Vegan White Bean and Garlic Dip with Lemon and Chives that I’m about to share with you today. I loooove doing my recipe creations on Sunday afternoons when I’m not rushed to get dinner on the table. It gives me time to really play around with ingredients and flavours until I get just the right blend to make your tastebuds sing!
This dip is packed with lean vegan protein from the beans, and is loaded with fresh garlic (as many of my dishes are!) to keep those arteries a-flowin’ nicely. Extra virgin olive oil adds a healthy fat and creamy texture to the dip, and fresh lemon juice and chives finish it off with a burst of flavour. It’s light, tasty, and oh-so-addictive! I had my husband taste test it for me because I thought I was being ridiculously biased in my opinion of how awesome it was. It seemed like a good idea to ask for his input until I had to fight to get the bowl back from him to make sure I would have some dip left for the photos… 😉
I highly recommend serving this vegan white bean dip with seasoned crackers, and it also pairs beautifully with sliced fresh cucumber, too! It’s a great addition to your recipe arsenal in the lead-up to the holidays when you’ll be entertaining more than usual, or for game day and for your beautiful Vegan Antipasto platter. This dip can be thrown together in 10 minutes (no joke!), and it’s super easy to prepare.
As my focus is getting the most bang for your buck with any meal or project, so I always try to provide a full cost breakdown. That way, my readers can know exactly how much a particular recipe is going to cost them to make. And this beauty of a vegan white bean dip comes in at a total of $4.36 for the entire recipe. It yields about 3 cups of dip, which works out to .73 cents per serving (a reasonable serving of dip is ½ cup).
Vegan White Bean and Garlic Dip with Lemon and Chives
- 2 cans white navy beans drained and rinsed thoroughly in cold water
- ½ cup EVOO + 2 tbsp
- 6 garlic clove large, minced
- 1 lemon the juice of 1 large
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground celery or celery salt but then cut your salt back to ½ tsp
- 1 sprinkle black pepper
- ¼ cup chives fresh, chopped
- Add the drained and rinsed white beans, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor or blender. Blend on high until very smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, ground celery, and fresh pepper, and blend thoroughly on high.
- Add the chopped fresh chives and blend on high again for a few seconds, just until the chives are mixed into the dip. Don’t over-do it on this blending step or the dip may start to take on a green tinge! You want the chives to be intact, just mixed well within the dip.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with a little olive oil, or refrigerate for up to 10 days.
So there you have it, a marvelous Yummy White Bean and Garlic Dip with lemon and chives. This recipe was submitted by my friend Heather.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know in the comments’ section below.
And don’t forget to pin this page to spread the love ♥
I wish you a love-filled day xoxo