The beauty of of this no-bake, easy Vegan cheesecake recipe is that it will bring you right back to fond memories. And it doesn’t require soaking expensive nuts, nor crazy amounts of sugar. This easy nut-free Vegan cheesecake stars a zesty topping, and you can team it with extra berries for a pop of color.
Hello my beautiful friends!
Today I share with you a wonderfully easy, creamy and delicious recipe that you can serve for any occasion: add it to your fast-approaching Valentine’s Day Vegan menu, or prepare it for Mother’s day, to celebrate the arrival of Spring, a tea party or any random day of the year when you need a pick-me-up.
I rarely have some Vegan cream cheese at hand, and while the vast majority of Vegan cheesecakes starts by soaking cashews, I just think the pretty expensive nuts don’t deliver the type of texture and flavor that I look for.
You can find another Vegan cheesecake recipe here on my blog – the Triple-layer cheesecake hearts that is a mix of this recipe and my Gluten-free Caprese Chocolate cake. Yes we make lots of desserts here on SevenRoses :D
I also love that this no-bake recipe uses less electricity compared to a baked version, and it’s perfect for warmer months when you don’t want to turn on your over ….even though it’s snowing outside as I’m writing this ^_^’
This no-bake recipe combines smooth Vegan cream cheese and zesty lemon juice while being lightened with plain soy yogurt. Adding icing sugar instead of granulated or brown sugar makes the filling smooth and not grainy – all set in a delicious boscuit base. And it’s so easy to put together!
I’ve used 2 types of non-dairy cream cheese: Violife Original Flavour that I got in a huge haul over at Un Monde Vegan; and Valsoia that I received in a care package from my parents. It’s not necessary to use 2 different kinds, but it added a depth of flavor to the filling in my opinion.
And after all, you can easily make your own cream cheese with a few pots of plain soy yogurt – let me know if you want to learn the easy process to make it!
Well it’s time to start making this cheesecake, don’t you think?
Nut-free, no-bake, easy Vegan cheesecake
For the base
- 300 gr biscuits
- 100 gr coconut oil melted
For the filling
- 675 gr plant-based cream cheese
- 1 pot soy yogurt plain (125 ml)
- 100 gr icing sugar
- 10 cl water
- 4 gr agar agar
- 2 lemons (juice, reserve the zest as a topping)
- 2 lemon zest
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line the base of a 26cm (10 inches) springform cake pan with baking parchment paper.
- To make the base, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat or in the microwave for 1 minute. Crush the biscuits in a mixing bowl, using the end of a rolling pin, or in a food processor until you have a powdery rubble. Stir in the melted coconut oil until fully combined and you get a "wet sand"-like consistency.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the cake tin. Place in the fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- Combine agar agar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Stir well, then heat until the preparation thickens. Turn off the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. In the meantime cream together the cream cheese, yogurt and icing sugar, then beat in the water/agar agar/lemon juice, mixing well to combine.
- Take the base out of the fridge (it should be firmer by now) and spread the filling smoothing the surface using a spatula (or be creative and use a fork to make your own design). Sprinkle with the zest of 1 or 2 lemons (those you used for the juice). Place back in the fridge for at least 12 hours to set before serving.
- Serve chilled topped with red berries, edible flowers or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
If you give this no-bake, easy Vegan cheesecake recipe a try, please let me know in the comments’ section below!
…You might also want to pin this recipe now to spread the love ♥
❥ Pink knife: Kyocera FK-140 SE Revolution Ceramic Knife
❥ Springform cake pan: Hiware 10 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan with Removable Bottom/Leakproof Cheesecake Pan Bakeware with Cleaning Cloth
❥ Star-shaped mini dish: SOCOSY Star-shaped Multipurpose Ceramic Sauce Dish