This creamy, rich, indulgent Chocolate chip & Cookies Vegan Ice Cream doesn’t require an ice cream maker.
Made with coconut milk, chocolate chips, chocolate sandwich cookies and salted peanut swirls, it’s dairy-free, but you’d never tell! And it’s no churn, meaning no ice cream maker is needed! Just blend all the ingredients and freeze.
Hello my beautiful friends!
If you’ve been here before, you know that my Rich & Creamy Coffee Ice Cream is by far the most loved recipe here on SevenRoses.net. Year after year, that is the recipe that – no matter the season – people just love to love. It’s delicious, it’s easy to make, it’s Vegan & dairy-free, it has coffee (powder) … what’s not to love?
The only downside of that recipe is that not everyone has an ice-cream maker machine, and when I developed that recipe I was very happy to use one (this is the ice cream maker that my parents actually brought on the plane in their luggage, all the way from Italy to the little island of Mauritius in the Pacific Ocean, when we lived there, but that’s another story and you’re not here for that).
So today’s Vegan Ice Cream recipe is perhaps even better than its older sister: it has chocolate chips, bits of sandwich cookies (I won’t name any names), salted peanut butter AND it requires no ice cream maker!
Yes you can definitely achieve a creamy, rich, indulgent Vegan Ice Cream even without an ice cream maker.
All you need is a freezer, a metal loaf pan (this is the one I use) and some patience….
I know everyone’s crazy about baking right now (don’t worry, plenty of flourless baking going here, too), but let’s make something really original today, like a unique frozen dessert that all your family will love, shall we?
Chocolate chip & cookies ice cream - Vegan, dairy-free, no-churn
For the Chocolate chip & cookies ice cream
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk chilled
- 15 sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks from a dark chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave or you can sub.with maple syrup
For the salted peanut butter swirls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Separate the solid part of your chilled coconut cream cans and place in a blender (reserve the liquid part for a smoothie or a veggie curry).
- Add all the other liquid ingredients to the blender: vanilla extract, agave or maple syrup. Process on low for 1 minute, just enough to mix everything together in an airy, fluffy white cloud.
- Now break half of your cookies directly in the blender, and pulse a few times. This will create mini crumbles in the texture of your ice cream.
- Now it's time to create the salted caramel swirls: for this, all you have to do is heat up the peanut butter and plant-based milk. Place the peanut butter either in a bain-marie or in the microwave in 30 seconds increment. Mix, then add the warm plant-based milk, stir, and add the pinch of sea salt. Set aside.
- Now it's time to assemble everything... take your metal loaf tin and pour half of the coconut milk + agave + vanilla + cookie crumble mix from the blender.
- On top, pour half of the salted peanut butter mix. Reserve the rest for serving.
- Break the remaining sandwich cookies in big chunks (you might want to reserve a few for serving) and add them to the ice cream. Also add the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Now pour the rest of the coconut milk + agave + vanilla + cookie crumble mix from the blender, and cover tightly with cling film. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the first hour, stir the ice cream mixture every 15 minutes, before allowing to freeze completely for at least 3 hours.
- When it's finally time to eat this delicious chocolate chip & cookies ice cream, let it thaw for 25-30 minutes, before scooping into bowls, using a slightly wet ice cream scoop. Add the rest of the salted peanut butter, chocolate chips or sandwich cookies to each individual portion (see below for serving suggestions).
❥ chocolate chips/chunks
❥ salted peanut butter
❥ roasted peanuts
❥ big chunks of sandwich cookies
❥ chocolate syrup
❥ coconut flakes
❥ cacao powder
❥ fresh or frozen berries
❥ edible flowers
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe, and if you try it don’t hesitate to let me know and/or tag me on social media.
What’s your all-time favorite ice cream flavor? Let me know in the comments below. I used to think it was coffee, but this Chocolate chip & cookies Vegan Ice Cream totally won my heart & stomach. I now have a new favorite!
Also don’t forget to pin this post to share the love! ♥
I wish you a love-filled day, stay safe xoxo
YUM! When we next get a heatwave I’m so going to make this. xx
Anna Nuttall recently posted…5 Reasons Why You Are Awesome
Francesca @ Seven Roses29/04/2020
yay so glad this inspired you ♥ we’re having stormy weather now, there too?
Caitlin | Beauty & Colour01/05/2020
Wow this looks amazing! I have such a sweet tooth too haha
30 Fun Things To Do At Home During Social Distancing | Vegan Fashion + Lifestyle Blog
Francesca @ Seven Roses06/05/2020
hey Caitlin, thank you so much! I’m glad this is your cup of tea. Ice cream makes life better ♥
Now isn’t this the most scrumptious ice cream ever? Who said Vegans only eat salad?!
Francesca @ Seven Roses06/05/2020
Definitely scrumptious, you’re right, and we definitely don’t eat only salads :D
I really love this, Thanks for the recipe!
Can’t wait to try it.
This looks very very yummy! Thanks for this. I can’t wait to try this :)
10 out 10 ratings for me. My husband loves it so much. I’ve been making it on repeat…..
WOW what did I just see ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I’m happy to say I have all the ingredients and I’M SO GOING TO MAKE THISSSSSS
Francesca @ Seven Roses20/06/2020
:D let me know how you like it!
Thanks for this epic recipe…. It looks so delicious. Yay for amazing Vegan ice creams (you’re the queen of them, it’s the third recipe I pin from you of Vegan ice creams….?!?!!?)
Ok, everybody listen: I made this, I loved it, and now I’m hooked. Made it 4 times already like in 2 weeks. How can making your own vegan ice cream be so easy? Where has this recipe been for the past 3 years, since when I went vegan???!!!