If you’re looking for a cold treat to beat the heat this summer, make these healthy Vegan frozen yogurt bars with your favorite fresh berries.
Hello my beautiful friends! Summer is in full swing and these healthy Vegan frozen yogurt bars are a light treat that you can enjoy at any time of the day (or of the night) to cool down and treat yourself to a sweet but healthy treat.
I made these with raspberries, but feel free to add or substitute with your favorite berries or what is available to you. Originally I wanted to add blueberries that we were supposed to go pick up in the mountains just behind our cabin, but we didn’t have time to go pick them yet… so instead I added little lavender petals for a touch of color (you probably know by know that I love to add edible flowers from our garden to my recipes whenever possible).
No matter the type of berry you’ll add, rest assured it will inject a healthy dose of vitamins and nutrients into your day.
What’s you favorite berry?
I usually see this kind of frozen yogurt snack made entirely of yogurt, but I don’t think that’s very practical. So I wanted to add a cheesecake-like base for extra yumminess. And even with this extra step, making these frozen yogurt bars is super easy and only requires a handful of ingredients.
When it comes to serving them, my advice is to take them out of the freezer a few minutes before consuming them to soften them a little: f you can wait, that is…. ;)
Healthy Vegan frozen yogurt & raspberries bars
- 200 gr biscuits
- 50 gr oats
- 140 gr coconut oil (melted)
- 370 gr non-dairy yogurt (I used soy/coconut)
- 100 gr raspberries or 50+50 gr if you want to add another berry
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- First of all put the biscuits in a food mixer and pulse until you get a flour, pour it into a bowl and add the coconut oil previously melted in the microwave or bain marie.
- Mix the mixture well and pour it into a low baking tray covered with parchment paper, forming a homogeneous and well compact layer. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to solidify while you go in with the next step.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt with the rice syrup, then pour it on the base of dry biscuits and coconut oil creating a uniform layer. Decorate the surface with the raspberries cut in half and put everything back in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Once everything has solidified, remove from freezer, lift the parchment paper and place the yogurt bar on a cutting board. Cut it into bars and serve after letting it rest 2-3 minutes at room temperature to soften them slightly. Enjoy!
If you give this healthy Vegan frozen yogurt & raspberries bars recipe a try, please let me know in the comments’ section below!
…And don’t forget to pin this recipe to spread the love ♥