Don’t let the cute pink color fool you: this Pink Beet Creamy Soup is not only beautiful and perfect for Valentine’s Day; it is also a real power house when it comes to nutrition
Hello my beautiful friends! As you can see the SevenRoses HQ are in full “Valentine’s Day” mode. You asked for it, and here it is: a pink, romantic yet totally healthy main dish that you can serve for a Valentine’s Day meal, but not only.
As you must know by now, a healthy, comforting soup is one of my favorite things to cook all year long; not only are they easy to put together in large batches that can last all week long, but they’re very satisfying too. Example: Split Pea and Spinach Soup with benefits
This beet creamy soup has a rich decadent flavor thanks to the addition of Herbes de Provence and coconut cream. And it’s super healthy, too! Beets have high contents of vitamin C, fibers, and essential minerals while the coconut cream is loaded with good fatty acids and B vitamins that improve heart health and prevent fatigue. But the recipe also includes a superfood like turmeric, so the benefits keep on coming!
Get the full recipe below!
Pink Beet Creamy Soup ♥ oil-free, no added salt
- 4 red beets
- 1 red onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1/4 head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 4 tsp Herbes de Provence or dry marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- 1 bouillon cube optional
- 100 ml coconut cream or soy cream
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, water sauté the chopped onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the washed, peeled and chopped vegetables, then cover with water and add the bouillon cube if using. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the spices, the Herbes de Provence and then using an immersion blender, process until you reach your desired creamy consistency. Season to taste and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm with added toppings such as chia seeds, sesame seeds, freshly cracked black pepper, and a generous drizzle of coconut/soy cream or lemon juice on top. And now, enjoy!
As a side dish, why not serve a simple hearth-shaped beet salad? Cut think slices of raw beets for a carpaccio, or thickers slices of boiled beets then with a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your hearts.
Drizzle a little bit of lemon juice, add some freshly cracked pepper and either fresh parsley or tiny bits of raw broccoli like in the picture. You might want to add a teaspoon of EVOO or a vinaigrette. So healthy and so cute! ;)
If you’re looking for a lovely idea to finish the meal, check out my perfect Vegan Valentine’s Day Dessert: Triple-layer Cheesecake hearts.
If you give this Pink Beet Creamy Soup recipe a try, please let me know in the comments’ section below!
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @francesca_sevenroses on Instagram or @sevenrosesblog on Twitter and Facebook, and use #sevenroses so I’m sure to see it.
And don’t forget to pin this recipe to spread the love ♥