This creamy, rich, indulgent Chocolate chip & Cookies Vegan Ice Cream doesn’t require an ice cream maker.
Made with coconut milk, chocolate chips, chocolate sandwich cookies and salted peanut swirls, it’s dairy-free, but you’d never tell! And it’s no churn, meaning no ice cream maker is needed! Just blend all the ingredients and freeze.
Hello my beautiful friends!
If you’ve been here before, you know that my Rich & Creamy Coffee Ice Cream is by far the most loved recipe here on SevenRoses.net. Year after year, that is the recipe that – no matter the season – people just love to love. It’s delicious, it’s easy to make, it’s Vegan & dairy-free, it has coffee (powder) … what’s not to love?
The only downside of that recipe is that not everyone has an ice-cream maker machine, and when I developed that recipe I was very happy to use one (this is the ice cream maker that my parents actually brought on the plane in their luggage, all the way from Italy to the little island of Mauritius in the Pacific Ocean, when we lived there, but that’s another story and you’re not here for that).
So today’s Vegan ice cream recipe is perhaps even better than its older sister: it has chocolate chips, bits of sandwich cookies (I won’t name any names), salted peanut butter AND it requires no ice cream maker!
I know everyone’s crazy about baking right now (don’t worry, plenty of flourless baking going here, too), but let’s make something really original today, like a unique frozen dessert that all your family will love, shall we?
Chocolate chip & cookies ice cream - Vegan, dairy-free, no-churn
For the Chocolate chip & cookies ice cream
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk chilled
- 15 sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks from a dark chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave or you can sub.with maple syrup
For the salted peanut butter swirls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Separate the solid part of your chilled coconut cream cans and place in a blender (reserve the liquid part for a smoothie or a veggie curry).
- Add all the other liquid ingredients to the blender: vanilla extract, agave or maple syrup. Process on low for 1 minute, just enough to mix everything together in an airy, fluffy white cloud.
- Now break half of your cookies directly in the blender, and pulse a few times. This will create mini crumbles in the texture of your ice cream.
- Now it's time to create the salted caramel swirls: for this, all you have to do is heat up the peanut butter and plant-based milk. Place the peanut butter either in a bain-marie or in the microwave in 30 seconds increment. Mix, then add the warm plant-based milk, stir, and add the pinch of sea salt. Set aside.
- Now it's time to assemble everything... take your metal loaf tin and pour half of the coconut milk + agave + vanilla + cookie crumble mix from the blender.
- On top, pour half of the salted peanut butter mix. Reserve the rest for serving.
- Break the remaining sandwich cookies in big chunks (you might want to reserve a few for serving) and add them to the ice cream. Also add the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Now pour the rest of the coconut milk + agave + vanilla + cookie crumble mix from the blender, and cover tightly with cling film. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the first hour, stir the ice cream mixture every 15 minutes, before allowing to freeze completely for at least 3 hours.
- When it's finally time to eat this delicious chocolate chip & cookies ice cream, let it thaw for 25-30 minutes, before scooping into bowls, using a slightly wet ice cream scoop. Add the rest of the salted peanut butter, chocolate chips or sandwich cookies to each individual portion (see below for serving suggestions).
❥ chocolate chips/chunks
❥ salted peanut butter
❥ roasted peanuts
❥ big chunks of sandwich cookies
❥ chocolate syrup
❥ coconut flakes
❥ cacao powder
❥ fresh or frozen berries
❥ edible flowers
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe, and if you try it don’t hesitate to let me know and/or tag me on social media.
What’s your all-time favorite ice cream flavor? Let me know in the comments below. I used to think it was coffee, but this Chocolate chip & cookies Vegan ice cream totally won my heart & stomach. I now have a new favorite!
Also don’t forget to pin this post to share the love! ♥
I wish you a love-filled day, stay safe xoxo